Well hello there lovelies,
I know, I know, it has been ages.. For those who have been around for a while, this is how all my blogs have started for the last couple of months, pretty much since we entered the new year. Blogging is not really on my mind anymore, while I still really enjoy all of yours. The last couple of months have been pretty crazy, I got promoted at work, bought my first apartment with the boyfriend, moved in there last weekend, travelled heaps for both business and leisure to Manchester, Barcelona, Oslo, Brussels, Amsterdam and already having some new travel plans for Stockholm, Croatia and Curacao.
I am so busy that I forget to think with my “blogger-hat” on. I actually made some pictures of a 10 course dinner I had on my own (while a lot of people may feel too embarrassed to have a 3 hour dinner on their own, I actually love it), but those pictures were the last pictures I made really intended for the blog (and I will post them one day). So much has happened, that I feel it is too much to ever write it down again. But at the same time, I really miss documenting my own life (not for the narcissistic reasons, but for the beauty in how life changes for the better or the worse). I do believe I will return to a more regular routine of blogging one day, writing down all beautiful things in Copenhagen, but at this moment I feel like I want to enjoy life more in the present (without thinking what should be photographed for the blog).
But for now I just wanted to say, you guys are always welcome to put comments on the blog if you want to know anything about Copenhagen (which district to stay, where to eat, etc.) and if you’re coming here let me know! I would love to cheer on life with you And for those that really can’t do without MADEIN1987, I do post pictures on my instagram on a more regular note!
When reading my Hello 2013! post, I was kinda “ashamed” that I posted that one on the 6th of February.. So this year, it got even worse, the 17th of February. I might write my Hello 2015 in 2016…
But even though we started this year a full 1.5 month ago, I still want to write down my goals for the year. There are not too many of them and most of them are pretty random, but hopefully at the end of this year I can check them all of.
- Be funny in Danish: in 2013 I was able to check of “being fluent in Danish”, but besides being fluent I want to top that up with actually being funny. This goes, as you can imagine, heaps beyond than only the actual linguistic skills.
- Eat at a Michelin restaurant: I hope that I win the lotto in 2014, so I can go make a reservation and eat at Noma.
- Travel: with a trip to Amsterdam and Stockholm in the first month of the year and Manchester, Croatia, Curacao on the planning I know that this will be a delightful year filled with travels. But, I still hope I can squeeze a trip to Paris and London in somewhere!
- Run a marathon: I hope I’m not gonna regret this
- Finish Harry Potter: I already had this one on my list last year, finished 2.5 book so I know I will have some entertainment for the rest of the year.
I hope you guys are doing great, I’m not completely sure yet where I want to go with my blog. I feel that I’m losing interest in writing and want to focus on other things in my life. But I felt like this last January as well. No matter what, I hope you stick around
I know, this post probably should have been posted on the 31st of December, shame on me! Even though we are a good week into the new year, I still would like to look back together with you on 2013.
If I was to sum up 2013, it would probably with the word weird. It really has been a weird and emotional year, where I have felt every emotion from crying-my-eyes-out-sad to life-cant-get-any-better-happy. I have been unemployed for a couple of months (which definitely attributed to the crying-my-eyes-out-sad, found my dream job (happy-happy-joy-joy), somehow found the resources to travel to Stockholm, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Madrid, Zagreb, Malmo, Aarhus, Odense, Samsø and Hamburg, and made some new amazing friends!
Last year I made some goals for 2013 and to be honest, I kinda forgot about them. Reading them again 1 year later made me realise both how short and long 1 year can be! Even though it felt like it was over in a blink, I can see now that I achieved a lot more than I felt I did.
- Find the perfect and cheap (!) take-away place: I definitely have some favorite take-away places (such as: Quattro Fontane Due ApS), but I still haven’t found thát place. Something that is affordable and makes you really happy on a Friday night.
- Be fluent in Danish: this definitely is my biggest achievement in 2013. I finalised all Danish education (level C1 from the European Framework) and I’m really happy I finally feel that I can participate in Danish society *how cheesy that might sound*.
- Finnish half a marathon: at the beginning of the year I ran the half marathon CPC loop in the Hague and while I said afterwards I would NEVER do that again, I signed myself up again for another half marathon in March 2014.
- Read all the Harry Potter books: while I did started with the books see proof, I unfortunately can’t say I have finished them. So I will take this goal with me to 2014, but nothing bad about that, since I really enjoyed the first 2 books!
- Send mail by post: my parents where the main receiver for this, I’m not sure if I failed or succeeded in this goal. But I feel like, in general, I could have more correspondence with my friends (those perhaps who don’t read this blog).
- Find my dream job: it still feels weird to write this down, but working for the company where I already wanted to work when I was in high-school, feels amazing! Besides learning Danish, this is definitely a big success too!
- Double the LP collection: I’m not sure if it doubled in size, but it sure doesn’t fits in the rack we’re having now anymore.
- At least one trip outside of Europe and heaps of city trips (Stockholm – so I can bump into Kenza, London – Superdrug, Paris – Laduree): The trip outside of Europe didn’t happend, but I’m completely fine with that. 2013 was a financially draining year (being unemployed and all) and I know 2014 will have some bounty islands in prospect! But there was enough money and time for city trips incl. (!) Stockholm and Paris.
- Get this blog to the next level: I still find it hard to update on a regular basis, but I did doubled my amount of readers. Failed or succeeded? I don’t know, as long as I think it’s fun to blog, I will.
- Find Danish friends: being fluent in Danish, didn’t actually helped in finding the Danish friends. But I sure have more of them now, then at the beginning of 2013.
You know what?! 2013 was amazing, with ALL of its ups and downs!
Last week was a slow running week unfortunately. I started the week on last Tuesday with a short 3K run, but I really hate everything shorter than 5K. The first couple of kilometres I always struggle so much in my head. I can’t find peace and quiet just yet, honestly thoughts like “why am I doing this” “what should I make for dinner” and “how does my calendar looks for the upcoming week” keep up popping up. But after around 5/6K I pretty much thought about everything and can just focus on running and the surroundings.
So luckily I had some time to do a 8K run last Thursday where I really tried to focus on improving my pace. Due to exams I didn’t have time for another long run in the weekend, I know, lame excuse and I also really regretted not having planned in the time!
Hey, by the way, did I already told you guys that I signed up for the NYC marathon? After reading all the updates on Annemerel and Girls Love 2 Run last November, I thought I would just give it a shot. Not everybody makes it through the lottery, but signing up was only 5USD. So what to lose, right?