I know, this post probably should have been posted on the 31st of December, shame on me! Even though we are a good week into the new year, I still would like to look back together with you on 2013.
If I was to sum up 2013, it would probably with the word weird. It really has been a weird and emotional year, where I have felt every emotion from crying-my-eyes-out-sad to life-cant-get-any-better-happy. I have been unemployed for a couple of months (which definitely attributed to the crying-my-eyes-out-sad, found my dream job (happy-happy-joy-joy), somehow found the resources to travel to Stockholm, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Madrid, Zagreb, Malmo, Aarhus, Odense, Samsø and Hamburg, and made some new amazing friends!
Last year I made some goals for 2013 and to be honest, I kinda forgot about them. Reading them again 1 year later made me realise both how short and long 1 year can be! Even though it felt like it was over in a blink, I can see now that I achieved a lot more than I felt I did.
- Find the perfect and cheap (!) take-away place: I definitely have some favorite take-away places (such as: Quattro Fontane Due ApS), but I still haven’t found thát place. Something that is affordable and makes you really happy on a Friday night.
- Be fluent in Danish: this definitely is my biggest achievement in 2013. I finalised all Danish education (level C1 from the European Framework) and I’m really happy I finally feel that I can participate in Danish society *how cheesy that might sound*.
- Finnish half a marathon: at the beginning of the year I ran the half marathon CPC loop in the Hague and while I said afterwards I would NEVER do that again, I signed myself up again for another half marathon in March 2014.
- Read all the Harry Potter books: while I did started with the books see proof, I unfortunately can’t say I have finished them. So I will take this goal with me to 2014, but nothing bad about that, since I really enjoyed the first 2 books!
- Send mail by post: my parents where the main receiver for this, I’m not sure if I failed or succeeded in this goal. But I feel like, in general, I could have more correspondence with my friends (those perhaps who don’t read this blog).
- Find my dream job: it still feels weird to write this down, but working for the company where I already wanted to work when I was in high-school, feels amazing! Besides learning Danish, this is definitely a big success too!
- Double the LP collection: I’m not sure if it doubled in size, but it sure doesn’t fits in the rack we’re having now anymore.
- At least one trip outside of Europe and heaps of city trips (Stockholm – so I can bump into Kenza, London – Superdrug, Paris – Laduree): The trip outside of Europe didn’t happend, but I’m completely fine with that. 2013 was a financially draining year (being unemployed and all) and I know 2014 will have some bounty islands in prospect! But there was enough money and time for city trips incl. (!) Stockholm and Paris.
- Get this blog to the next level: I still find it hard to update on a regular basis, but I did doubled my amount of readers. Failed or succeeded? I don’t know, as long as I think it’s fun to blog, I will.
- Find Danish friends: being fluent in Danish, didn’t actually helped in finding the Danish friends. But I sure have more of them now, then at the beginning of 2013.
You know what?! 2013 was amazing, with ALL of its ups and downs!