First of all, my sincere apologies for the extreme lack of blogging: after my birthday, many hangovers, many more drinks and a lot of laying around in the park I couldn’t find the spirit to blog.. But here I am again 😀
You can take away the girl from the past malam, but you can’t take away the pasar malam from the girl..
The Pasar Malam Besar is a yearly Infonesian foodfest in the Netherlands. And for as long as I can remember my dad would take me and my sister to eat some sate kambing, martabak and drink ice tjendol.
So since I can’t fly back for every random occasion, there was no other option than making myself some Indonesian food! I made an easy Nasi Goreng with “rookworst”, pickled cucumbers and a fried egg. It is an easy dish to use al the leftover vegetables that are waiting for you in the fridge to be used and it will be a guaranteed big success!
– 1 day old rice (I wouldn’t use new rice – or at least rice that hasn’t cooled down first)
– 1 Onion
– 2 parts (that’s not how you say this in English?) of garlic
– Random vegetables (I used left over carrot, squash, bean sprouts and persille)
– Random meat (I used Dutch smoked sausage, but you could use any kind of meat you want)
– Bundle of coriander
– Nasi Goreng Boemboe (pack of seasoning which you should be able to find in any Asian supermarket)
1. Fry the onion and garlic untill the colour light brown
2. Add the vegetables in order from hard to soft (so I put the carrots in first to shimmer for about 2 minutes, then the squash, etc)
3. Add the meat and cook for another 2 minutes, make sure that everything is covered with the seasoning
4. Finally add the rice, make sure that there are no “white spots” and that everything is covered with the boemboe.
5. Add the boemboe and a little bit of water make sure that everything is covered
6. Optional: serve with some coriander on top!
Follow me on Bloglovin’